Sunday, January 5, 2014

Connections

Have you ever woken up one day and just felt this vibrational buzz of energy in the air?

Have you ever walked through a park, a garden, a forest or stood right next to your potted plants and felt the plants' energies?

Have you ever looked out at the ocean and felt the vast expanse of wisdom washing in towards you with each crash of the waves?

Have you ever felt the strength of the mountains radiating back at you as you walked on them?

Have you ever met someone and there was that invisible 'click' and the infallible belief that you were both going to get along very well?

Have you ever had Connections?

Have you ever believed?

I have.

But it's not always been so. I used to walk my path blindfolded. My spirituality was beaten out of me from a very young age; i.e. being told I was crazy to believe in things I felt but couldn't see, or apparitions that I saw but no one else did. For a time, I didn't believe and it was a miserable and lonely affair. I don't know if you've ever felt this way, but for me, it was an intense feeling of disconnection. From everyone and everything. It was a knowing feeling that you were lacking something, or missing something or that you had lost your way and needed to come back. Go home. Return. That disconnection. Have you ever felt it?

I have.

It's lonely.

The beautiful thing about connection is that it grounds you. It makes you realise that you are part of something bigger and greater than yourself. It makes you realise that you are part of Life and Life is a part of you. It is extremely humbling and yet extremely profound. It is invigorating and complete.

It is something I discovered again, this morning, as I was walking my dog in a square next to a shopping mall which was lined with some bushes, ixora plants and purple flowers. I felt connected. There was a buzz in the air, and if I let go off my mind, I could see a slight furry in the air - the energy of living things. If I looked up at the sky, I could see the expanse of the universe and felt energy radiating down on us. It was really really amazing.

I know this entry might seem a little bizarre coming from an organic health foods start-up's CEO/Founder... But it is something that I really feel like sharing. And if anything, it does also provide some insight into how I run my company and how I select members for the team. It's always all about connection. That instant 'click'. Building and creating something together implies a significant amount of trust within the team and it implies that we must like each other enough to trust one another; which then leads to open and honest communications; which then leads to a very nurturing and healthy corporate culture and finally distills itself into operational efficiency and efficacy. Connection is a very powerful tool within any social/team dynamic. It's also very powerful in your personal life.

Don't believe me? Try it.

Let go of all your fears and doubts and insecurities. Release yourself from social stereotypes that you have programmed yourself to operate in. And just for today, or even that split second, let your heart tell you what it loves. Let it show you Connection.

I was listening to a podcast the other day - Stanford's Entrepreneurial Thought Leader Lecture Series' "How to Build Instant Connections by Ori Brafman". Have you listened to it? No? Well, you should. It's awesome. It's great food for thought.

For today, I shall leave you with these 2 words:

BE CONNECTED.

Much love & light,
Calista






No comments:

Post a Comment