Thursday, November 20, 2014

On Spirituality, Religion & Blessings



Today, a young lady walked into the Anything But Salads shop . She was drawn in because of the first half of the Akashic Records prayer I wrote on the glass doors of my shop. She came in, saw the Liberty Asia donation box in the shop, asked about the prayer and had a tiny look around.

Then she beckoned me over to her and told me she felt that the store was full of Love and Light. I couldn't help but smile at that. I believe the Angels do watch over the shop and all of Team ABS and with the many mantras I play on loop in the shop, I was very happy to know that others could feel the love and light radiating from within.

The next thing she asked was extremely special. She asked if she could bless me. She said she felt called to bless me & that she had stood there for quite a while deliberating whether to do so or not. I'm glad she did! And of course, I said yes please. What a wonderful gesture! How many would think about blessing a complete stranger? She was such a lovely person. This was my first time receiving a blessing from a complete stranger with no ties to me. It was simply beautiful.

In return, I blessed her for blessing me, and then I invited her to join me in blessing everyone around us, everyone whom she may pass and cross and whom she may touch, influence or feel - conscious or unconscious. I bless that everyone in ABS, and everyone around the area be blessed too. Why not? I feel that in our day & age, we just do not take time to bless one another with love and light. It's a practice I look forward to doing on a daily basis.

She asked me if I was Christian like she was. I said no. I believe God is like food - different cuisines to complement the differences between people. But let's take it one step further - God doesn't discriminate between race, gender, age, stereotypes and more. So why should we discriminate God between religions? He doesn't discriminate - Humans do. After all, religion is a man-made construct whereas spirituality dwells within us all. In spirituality, there are no rules, no dogma, no theories, no restrictions, no fear, no caution, no threats, no darkness. The pure essence of spirituality is Light and Love and that flame exists in all of us. We only need to breathe love into it to ignite it.

Today, I not only received a beautiful blessing from a lady I didn't know, but she gave me the opportunity to spread love and share love; to spread Light and share Light. She reminded me to tune in and pay attention - for the Angels and Spirit Guides and even Spirit himself, are ever present even though the goings have been tough on me of late.

It is a wonderful gift she bestowed upon me - the gift of receiving a blessing and the bigger gift of giving blessings to everyone in the world. It is a precious gift that Spirit has bestowed upon me in these trying times. I love God/Spirit - I truly do.

Just imagine, if everyone started paying more attention to love, light, gratitude, forgiveness, compassion and kindness, the world would be a happier place and the Light would shine forever bright even in the deepest of darkness and we would all be so much more in love with self, life and Light.

Today, I hope you'll bless someone you know or don't know. Don't forget the plants, animals, elementals, stars, moon, earths, and more. They too, are Alive.

Om shanti ~ May you all be blessed always.


No comments:

Post a Comment