Friday, May 24, 2013

A Happy Birthday

It's one of those times in life that everyone goes through some time or another. It's a time of change. A time of uncertainty... A time of the self.

My birthday was yesterday and according to my lovely Psychic, Julie Cook, I have entered the Numerology Year #5. 

Which, for those who didn't know, is the year of the self.

AND.... To drive the nail home, my Numerology life path is 5 - you may read about it here. In essence, number 5s are independent, freedom-loving individuals who love change and hate routine.

A Number 5 in Year #5. How apt. You know this is going to be tumultuous.

So... this year is all about change & changes. There have been many and I know there still are many to come... Perhaps a quick overview of some important changes thus far?

Let's start with some good news. My brainchild, Anything.But.Salads, is currently undergoing some restructuring. After much consideration, I have decided to divert my focus and attention back on my initial plan for ABS - mass manufacturing of my own brand of Organic Raw Vegan Snacks. A.k.a, we're shifting from a raw vegan catering business BACK to a raw vegan snacks manufacturer/supplier. This will kick off in August this year, so stay tuned for updates! It's going to be an exciting time. I will still be providing raw meals, but on a more personal basis. I prefer to provide private catering as this allows me to be more client-centric. I've preferred to customize meals for clients as this will ensure that (1) the food is seasoned to their tastes & liking, & (2) it will be best tailored to assist them in achieving any diet/nutrition/health/detox goals. So if anyone's interested, please drop me an email at callie@anythingbutsalads.com

As for the not-too-good news... Well, there has been some upheavals, changes and loss with family... As such, I'm taking a short break to deal with those issues... Not to mention, I have worked myself to the ground and am in desperate need of a break....

Maybe it's Fate, you know, the whole "this-was-meant-to-happen" theory? But coincidentally (or not, whatever your view may be), ABS is on hold, family requires my attention and I need a break... SO, for the time being, I am a travelling hippie/chef....  If we're fated to meet (haha), I might just be lucky enough to prepare you a meal or two. So keep an eye out for me. ;)

Oh! Here's how you'll know it's me. I have a tattoo on my left wrist. Like so:

Yes, it's new. A month old? I designed it. The 3 things that I feel most strongly about.

This then begs the question: Where am I now?



The answer: Phuket, Thailand. 

Well, at least until the end of this month. Then I'm jet-setting off to Australia for the month of June. 

I don't really have a plan, save for being back in HK in August to launch the snacks & Guatemala in late September.

Not having a plan is really uncharacteristic of me. Am I excited? Yes. Am I nervous? Yes. Am I scared? You betcha. A time of flux is a time of uncertainty and with uncertainty comes un-knowing. I suppose that's the part that scares me most - not knowing. But all I can do at this moment is to trust. 

So here's a final Happy Birthday to me.

And hello, Year 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment